Electrical Engineer (P.Eng)
We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, are able to drive a concept into a design, and tolerate a high degree of ambiguity. You should be able to create a board definition and implement with electrical schematic and layout, bring-up, troubleshoot. More broadly, the chosen candidate will work with a diverse and highly interdisciplinary team.
Who We Are
RMS Responsible Mining Solutions: It’s in our name, it is our mission. While mining and it’s bounty of metals are minerals are integral to the advancement of life itself, we believe it’s possible to improve mine performance and to also mitigate harm. At RMS Responsible Mining Solutions, we provide solutions to mining’s most vexing challenges. Our team of highly-developed engineers, mechanical designers, surveyors, and civil works construction specialists will work together to solve the most complex facets of the mining puzzle.
Great companies rarely arise from one individual; it takes entire teams, united behind big ideas and bold innovation. This is why at RMS Corp., we work together to do the kind of work that adds up to something meaningful.
Here, there are no jobs, just careers where we work hard, share the funniest gifs and give the best elbow-bumps in town. All in addition to a progressive benefits structure, competitive salaries, flexible work locations and generous vacation time.
Responsibilities include participating in multi-disciplinary teams to provide electrical engineering solutions. You’ll also provide hands-on approach to the development of schematics, guide board layout, assemble, test, debug, and integrate multi-component electrical systems using industry-standard simulation and design packages.
As well, you’ll engineer the installation of proprietary hardware while establishing collaborations with multidisciplinary partners, both internal and external.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer
- At least 5 years of experience in demonstrated paste fill experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with FAA advisory circulars and procedures
- Proficient knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Ability to make technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans, and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the appropriate regulations.
- Project management experience with small to mid-level projects including tracking hours and expenses for project work.
- Ability to plan and conduct inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Highly capable self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to the junior team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, AviPlan, InRoads, Geopak, GeoSlope, ANSYS, STADD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, statistical analysis, and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solution.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Travel will be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters
- Valid driver's license, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- At least 9 years of experience in aviation infrastructure.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- A member and active participate in local, regional, and national professional organizations
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: SOMEWHERE AMAZING
- All locations: US-ID-Boise, US-IN-Indianapolis, US-MD-Baltimore, US-MO-Kansas City, US-NC-Charlotte, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Dallas
About RMS Responsible Mining Solutions
Our team understands mining projects from the ground-up. We understand how every aspect of a mining project requires careful consideration and analysis. From transportation to input costs, to the impact of moisture has on transportability, to stope cycle time, RMS Responsible Mining Solutions understands the interconnection of every project element. It is the granularity of our understanding that sets us apart from the competition and has allowed RMS Corp. to develop and lead construction the commissioning of process and tailing plants in some of the world’s most difficult jurisdictions. RMSCorp.ca
RMS Corp. provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Team members are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout your tenure.
At RMS Corp., we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
RMS Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Share this Posting
Positions Recently Hired
Process Engineer - Mine Backfill & Tailings Management
Site Construction Superintendent
Mechanical and Piping Designer